Pound for Pound Challenge

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not So Successful This Week

I weighed in today and found that I had gained a bit this week. Less than a pound, but it was a gain. I won't let it get to me, though. I looked at my food and don't see anywhere that I went over my allotments. Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. If I'm right about why I didn't show a loss this week, next week it should show up.

I did the 3-month analysis today. Some more disappointment, although the news wasn't bad. My BMI is down, which is good. Still not where I want it, but it is coming down and that is good. I was disappointed that it wasn't more, but that's me, and not that I haven't done well.

Of my 29 pound weight loss, 17 was body fat and 12 was muscle loss. Obviously, I need to work on strength more to keep from losing muscle mass. In reality, I haven't been working on the strength training end of my exercise until just recently, so it's not unexpected to have lost muscle mass. Dr M said this is common and not to worry about it, but to step it up.

I talked about the analysis with Dr M and she understands what I am doing and will be doing and appears to be happy with my plan. She also was happy with my progress and congratulated me on my progress.

I'm an over-achiever in some ways (which will probably come as a surprise to people who know me), so I'm disappointed that I didn't do better, but happy that I did as well as I did.
The upshot of the whole thing, and what I must focus on, is that I'm 29 pounds lighter than I was 3 months ago.

And that's a good thing.

No comments: