Pound for Pound Challenge

Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm on the 30 Yard Line

So to speak. I've officially lost 30 pounds now. I weighed in yesterday and got the good news.I still have a long way to go, but I will make it.

A couple of us on the program were talking Thursday about another employee who started it, but quit. I really don't understand. This is the easiest time I've ever had with a diet and I've been on many.

Maybe it's because I'm finally at the mindset I needed to lose the weight. I have the passion and the drive to continue on and complete the program. I admit that there are incentives besides the weight loss that are part of my reasons for completing the program. But honestly, this has been easy.

I haven't really done much in the way of exercise yet. I was sort of waiting until I hit the dreaded plateau before kicking the exercise up. Next week I'll do the analysis again which will tell just how much body fat I've lost, and if my BMI has gone down. I know I'll have a good showing. I'm already 12 pounds past where the doctor thought I would be at the three month mark. In your face, Doc!

No actually, I'm sure she had good reason to believe I would have lost only 18 pounds in three months. I'm just glad I've lost nearly twice that. It would be very difficult to do, but if I could lose another six pounds this week, I can make it double. It's doable, but difficult.

I was afraid Thursday would be a difficult day. I cleaned out my work lunch bag to repack it before leaving for work Thursday morning and left my pills sitting on the kitchen counter. Of course, I was at work before I realized it and live too far away to go get them during my breakfast break. Oh, well. As it turned out, I did fine.

I haven't had a chance to try out my Wii Fit yet. I know, why not? Well, I've been busy with other things. Yes, I could have done it, but it's not the end of the world that I haven't. And as I said earlier, I've deliberately waited to kick up the exercise. The Wii is mostly set up, I just need to actually plug it in and do whatever it needs to set it up. Tomorrow is another day.

And I have a week's vacation coming up in a couple of weeks, if it's not up and running then, it will be.

No comments: