Pound for Pound Challenge

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Getting Fit with the Wii Fit

So you've read about my quest to find the Wii console at a reasonable price. Now here is my journey on finding and getting the Wii Fit.

The problems I ran into with the Wii console were the same I was running into with the Wii Fit. No one had it in stock, or if it was in stock, it was so expensive, I wasn't going to buy it.

The Wii Fit program retails at $89. I've seen it for $150 and up. It was actually easier to find the Wii Fit than the Wii console. It was the price I objected to.

Now, let me say this: I am all for capitalism. I am something of a capitalist myself, so I don't blame anyone for selling the Wii Fit for whatever the price will bear. I'm just so amazed at the prices this program was fetching.



So, I figured out how much I would be willing to spend: $100 and placed my eBay bids. No luck. I was getting depressed about this. I was going to have the Wii console and no Wii Fit, the very reason for getting the Wii.

One day I was wandering from online store to online store and not having any luck. I wandered into the Walmart site and, wait a minute...am I seeing things? It looks as if Walmart has it in stock. At least online. And at $89. So I rather timidly placed the order and clicked on check out.

It took. I actually got to the check out page. And filled in all the information. Name, address, telephone, and so on to create an account. Then, entered billing and payment information. And clicked on complete check out.

And found I had actually purchased a Wii Fit.

Oh joy! It will take about 10 days to be delivered, but it was on the way!

I had to run some errands and when I came back two hours later, found a notice from Walmart that the Wii Fit was on backorder. Walmart didn't know when they would have the item. They would hold the order for 30 days. If I wanted to cancel the order, call the number below.

Shoot. Well that's not really what I said, but this is a family blog :D Gotta keep it clean. I just placed the frickin' order and now it's on backorder? I let the order stand and went about my business.

The next day at work, I decided to check out one of the Walmart's nearby. It was a little out of my way (that convenience thing, remember? :D ), but I stopped anyway. No, they didn't have it in stock. Didn't really think they would, but I wanted to try. I thought if Walmart had it in the store, I'd buy it and either cancel the order, or get it and sell one of the one's I had at an outrageous profit! I said I was a capitalist, didn't I? :D

So I didn't get it, left Walmart and headed home. I checked email, as I usually do, when I got home. And found a notice from Walmart.

The Wii Fit had been shipped.

It should be delivered sometime between July 7 and July 10.

It hasn't arrived yet, but it's on the way.

Wiiiiiiii!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how it goes. I used to be fit and enjoyed working out but after 2 years of major travel, I've gained lots of weight and am thinking about the Wii Fit too.

Anonymous said...

I also tried to locate one on eBay and online at a resonable price.
After reading this blog and relating so well I looked back at the Wal-mart site. Oddly I found a link I never encountered before and it looked for "availability of the fit" (or what ever item you are shopping for) at all local Wal-marts. I called them all and actually found one store with 1 on the shelf. Since they refused to hold it for me I had to run down and snatch it up!!

I got addicted to the fit after tring one at a friends house. This is scary how much you can actually accomplish with such a low impact tool.

Thanks for sharing!