Pound for Pound Challenge

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Flat Belly Diet

this seems to be the latest "diet" to hit the market. It was apparently developed by Prevention magazine.

I'm not saying it's a fad, or that it won't work. I just don't know enough about it. I have to say I'm intrigued. I'm always intrigued in something new if only because it's new. New studies are coming out every day, so there's new information out all the time. That doesn't mean it's good. It just means that it's something new. And that new idea might be what gives one person the motivation to lose weight and become healthier. Of course, just because it's new doesn't mean it's good. We learned that lesson with the New Coke.

My hardest area to take off the fat is the waistline. I know I'm not alone. I also know that fat around the internal organs cause them to work harder, or less efficiently. The heart has to work harder to beat, the lungs to provide oxygen, the arteries and veins to transport blood and oxygen, not to mention the nutrients to the various cells, tissues, and organs, kidneys to cleanse the blood, the liver to do whatever it is the liver does (know it's important, I just don't remember what the liver does right now!)

Anyway, it's the fat around the midsection that's really hard to get rid of and the Fat Belly Diet is designed to do just that. It promises weight loss around the mid-section (the belly) without doing crunches! Now, this has me intrigued. Thirty minutes a day of exercise, alternating types - apparently one day is walking - (cardio) (walking? Right up my alley!), the next strength.

I'd love to have some input from my loyal readers. Have you tried it? Did it work?

No comments: