Pound for Pound Challenge

Friday, January 16, 2009

Mea culpa....

....for not having posted for months. My only excuse is that Life happens.

I went through the last three months playing with the same 3-4 pounds...gaining it, losing it, gaining it, and losing it. I ended up about two pounds down, but I nearly was tossed off the program. I take full responsibility.

I got lazy.

There. I said it. I got lazy. I didn't keep my food diaries like I should have. I didn't exercise like I should have. I got lazy and lost my motivation as well. 

I think I've got it back. When I was told last week I was on the brink of being discontinued, I got to work. I was getting back there, but it may have been a little longer. I needed that push, that threat. So, I got down to work last week. I watched my calorie and fat intake, properly recorded my food diary and began to work out again.

I need the accountability of the program. I also need to watch the fat intake and to increase the exercise.  

And I showed an eight pound loss this week. It was like starting over again, so I lost what anyone beginning a program would lose. It was probably mostly water weight, but a loss is a loss in my book! I'm on a sort of probation for four weeks.

My total weight loss is 53 pounds to date. I still have a way to go, but I will make it!

And I will be blogging more. I've been pulling articles out of magazines to give tips and ideas for weight loss. It's a new year, a new attitude, and, hopefully, a new me :D

As Patti LaBelle sings,
I Have a New Attitude!

No comments: