Pound for Pound Challenge

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Apologies and a tip

I haven't been posting lately, had a lot of things going on in what I call "Life".

I have continued to lose weight, however. At my last weigh-in, I posted a total loss of forty-five pounds. That's since May.

I've had weeks where I lost ounces, and a couple where I'd gained ounces. The good comes with the bad and luckily, I've had more good than bad. I'm about half-way to my goal, and I plan to continue on until I meet it.

At a recent weigh-in, the nurse told me a tip she had gotten at a recent bariatric seminar. While you are doing your normal activities (not exercise), wear a one pound weight on your ankles and/or wrists. Nurse J had round ones that were kind of fuzzy. As soon as I left the office, I went to Walmart (I was headed there anyway), and checked out their sporting goods section. I couldn't find the same weights Nurse J had (and apparently they can't be found for love or money), but I did find other weights that would do the trick. Walmart has packs of wrist weights, ankle weights, ankle and wrist weights that come in different weights. I couldn't find ankle weights of one pound, but did get wrist weights. I figured that I could try it out and at some other time get the ankle weights.

For the next week I didn't exercise, but wore them for my "normal", non-exercise activities. I wore them at work and when I went shopping, ran errands or the like. I watched my food intake as always, but as I said, did no exercise as such. I gave myself the week off for the experiment. I lost, only about a quarter pound, but it was a loss.

My weights are by Danskin and happen to be pink and black. Hey, I am a girl, after all.


The ones pictured at purple and black and happen to be two pound weights. More than one pound weights are not recommended for normal routine, but would be fine for exercise.

No comments: